ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Public Schools received a donation worth $40,000 Friday so kids will have supplies for the school year. The Corporate Volunteer Council is a local group of volunteers.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The group says the pandemic has highlighted the need for cleaning supplies, along with notebooks, pencils, and crayons. “Having the proper supplies in the classroom can decrease absenteeism, improve classroom behavior, and empower both our teachers and our students,” Superintendent Scott Elder said. The council also donated some cash to the APS Foundation.