ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department says the case of the Subway employee who shot and killed an armed robber is being investigated as a likely justifiable homicide. They say the employee who shot the robber was interviewed and is not currently being charged with a crime.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
Police say the armed man walked into the restaurant on Gibson near the airport after 5 a.m. Tuesday and tried to rob an employee. That’s when another worker came out of a backroom with a gun and shot the robber. The deceased has not been identified.