ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department is investigating a crash that occurred on the night of Sept. 14 near Copper Ave. and Kally Ct. They’re reporting a crash involving a pedestrian who was seriously injured.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
The driver of a white Nissan hit a male pedestrian in the roadway. He was transported to the University of New Mexico Hospital, he is in critical condition. APD says speed and alcohol were not factors in the crash, saying the road was dark at the time of the crash due to minimal lighting in the area.
Local residents said the pedestrian frequently walks in the roadway in the area. Officials say the investigation is still ongoing.