ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Officials say the 7-year-old boy shot in a northwest Albuquerque home Saturday night has died from his injuries. The Albuquerque Police Department responded to a call Saturday night around 6 p.m. that a child sustained a gunshot wound to the chest.
The child’s mother and father immediately transported the child to the hospital where he later died from his wound. The child has been identified as Michael Betz, Jr.
Crimes Against Children Unit detectives interviewed the parents at the hospital and gathered evidence. Additional CACU detectives are coordinating a search of the home on the 7100 block of Acton Ct NW. The investigation remains ongoing.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites