ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Police are investigating a fatal crash between a pedestrian and a vehicle on Tuesday morning in northeast Albuquerque. The Albuquerque Police Department reports that around 6 a.m. a vehicle was traveling north on the Pan American Freeway exiting onto Montgomery Blvd.
Police say the driver stated that the light had turned green but vehicles ahead were stopped and had just started to travel forward. The driver reportedly tried to brake but the vehicle’s wheels locked up and caused him to slide forward over the median, striking a pedestrian who was sitting down on the median.
Authorities say the pedestrian was transported to the University of New Mexico Hospital where she died from her injuries. At this time, the pedestrian has not been identified.
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement
- Ford recalls over 700,000 vehicles because backup cameras can go dark
- Commission on Presidential Debates to make format changes following first Trump-Biden debate
- Trash left behind in Jemez Mountains poses health risk
- Grant to help pay for work along Southwest Chief rail route