ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department has identified the man they believe shot and killed himself during a confrontation with officers earlier this week. Tuesday night, APD responded to reports of someone camping inside a van in the Target parking lot near Lomas and I-40.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Data shows drivers aren’t slowing down for speed enforcement cameras
- Entertainment: Official trailer released for Netlfix movie filmed in New Mexico
- New Mexico: $38.8 million in loan forgiveness for ‘ripped off’ New Mexico ITT Tech students
- KRQE Investigates: Albuquerque bus drivers speak out about violence
- KRQE En Español: Martes 16 de Agosto 2022
They say when they arrived the man inside, James Langlois, pulled out a gun and fired a shot. Officers fired back but they say an autopsy confirmed that Langlois died from his own gunshot wound. The 64-year-old had an arrest warrant out for DWI.