ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque man accused of murdering a panhandler is expected in court on Monday. Police say 21-year-old Isaiah Luna drove up to a homeless man at the intersection of 98th St. and Central Ave. over the weekend.
Story continues below
- Crime: Man tries to evade police by changing outfits
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque neighbors fed up with illegal roadside car lot
- Weather: Gorgeous weather to end the work week
- New Mexico: NM one of few landlocked states with reported shark attack
- Español: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 20 de Octubre 2021
Luna allegedly shot the victim, 56-year-old David Hart. Police say he took off after the shooting, but later came back to the scene with his mom. Officers say he claimed self-defense because Hart had hit him. But after reviewing surveillance video, and witness statements, they saw no evidence of this and charged Luna with first-degree murder.