ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque City Councilors are expected to vote on a speed camera ordinance. The city has said cameras would be similar to the Rio Rancho speed vans. They would go in intersections with high crash rates.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 22 de Septiembre 2021
Backers say the cameras would lead to more consistent and unbiased traffic law enforcement as well as conserve police resources. The fine would be $100. Councilors are expected to vote at the Wednesday meeting.