ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque fire crews are giving back to kids battling cancer. They presented a check for $4,500 to UNM Pediatrics Department, thanks to donations from their 2020 Childhood Cancer Awareness Campaign.
The money will be used to support children diagnosed with cancer and their families. “They need help and we’re here to continue to help them, and they in turn show us what real strength is all about because they fight this fight and do it with a smile on their face,” said Deputy Chief Gene Gallegos. AFR started this campaign last year.
- Not cooking a bird? Get your deep-fried turkey fix at this fast food joint
- Gila National Forest to offer Christmas tree permits online
- ExxonMobil slashing almost 2,000 jobs in U.S.
- Orange and Blue Report: What will it take for the Broncos to win this week?
- Celebrating Halloween safely amid the pandemic