ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Fire Rescue is asking people to sign up for a new app – to help them better respond to calls. The app, called Community Connect, allows people to share critical information about their households.
Story continues below:
- Jobs: City of Albuquerque still trying to fill vacancies; hiring bonuses continue
- Vaccine: Vaccination deadline looms for NM university students, faculty, and staff
- Education: APS seeing a rise in violence and bad behavior among students
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
This includes how many people live in the home, a list of hazardous materials, and designated contacts at properties. Those contacts will receive immediate alerts when first responders are dispatched to a building.
AFR says all of this information is secure and solely for letting them know how to best help when they respond. More information is available on the app’s website.