ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A warehouse in northwest Albuquerque is being declared a total loss following a structure fire early Friday morning. Albuquerque Fire Rescue reports a crew responded to a fire at a warehouse on 8th Street near Bellamah Ave. around 2:30 a.m.
Story continues below
- Trending: Son of suspect arrested in murders of Albuquerque Muslim men also in custody
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque safe outdoor spaces closer to becoming a reality
- New Mexico: New Mexico’s acequia ‘customs and traditions are being tested’
- Crime: Suspect arrested in murders of Albuquerque Muslim men
- KRQE En Español: Martes 9 de Agosto 2022
The building was still burning at 7 a.m., blowing smoke all across the interstate. Officials state crews applied defensive strategies, applying master streams however, the majority of the building collapsed and is reported to be a total loss. They had 22 trucks out.
AFR says the building belongs to the BIA and officials are investigating the cause of the fire. Neighbors suspect a homeless person saying they’ve had constant problems in the area. There were no injuries reported to firefighters or civilians. AFR confirms a fire there a year ago at about the same time.