ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A warehouse in northwest Albuquerque is being declared a total loss following a structure fire early Friday morning. Albuquerque Fire Rescue reports a crew responded to a fire at a warehouse on 8th Street near Bellamah Ave. around 2:30 a.m.
Story continues below
- COVID: First COVID, then hair loss?
- KRQE En Español: Martes 25 de Enero 2022
- Trending: Recreational cannabis industry may be off to bumpy start
- National: OSHA officially ends vaccine rule for employers
- Business: Smith’s workers threaten to strike if no deal is reached
The building was still burning at 7 a.m., blowing smoke all across the interstate. Officials state crews applied defensive strategies, applying master streams however, the majority of the building collapsed and is reported to be a total loss. They had 22 trucks out.
AFR says the building belongs to the BIA and officials are investigating the cause of the fire. Neighbors suspect a homeless person saying they’ve had constant problems in the area. There were no injuries reported to firefighters or civilians. AFR confirms a fire there a year ago at about the same time.