ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) -Albuquerque Fire Rescue reports that crews have extinguished a fire at an abandoned single-story residential home in the northeast part of the city on Friday morning. Crews were dispatched to the scene on Espejo St. near Eubank and Constitution around 4:15 a.m. where they saw flames coming from the roof of the house.
According to AFR, as crews worked to extinguish the fire, a portion of the roof collapsed and crews had to exit the structure and fight the blaze from the exterior of the house. No injuries were reported by AFR crews or civilians.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze and as the home was abandoned, no residents were displaced. AFR believes squatters were inside the house and this could be a reason that the fire started. However, at this time the fire is under investigation.
Latest Local News:
- Bernalillo County initiatives include Spanish programming, low-income grocery pickup for seniors
- One person killed in SE Albuquerque early morning shooting
- Take part in community events, attend free education webinars during 30 Days of Nonviolence movement
- Police investigate apparent homicide near Rice, Rio Grande
- 2 APS juniors receive prestigious Air Force JROTC scholarship