ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The driver of a van involved in a serious injury crash Saturday afternoon is facing DWI charges. According to a press release, police responded to a two-vehicle crash shortly after 12 p.m. at the intersection of Washington Street and Constitution Avenue NE.
Story continues below:
- Education: UNM launching program that prepares people to work in marijuana industry
- New Mexico News: Texas murder suspect spotted in Chaves County
- Crime: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: M’tucci’s planning to renovate iconic Albuquerque building
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 27 de Septiembre 2021
Officials say a 2004 Mercury sedan was traveling northbound on Washington and while going through the intersection, was struck by a 1995 Chevrolet van traveling eastbound on Constitution that failed to stop at the stop sign. The van struck the sedan on the left side, causing heavy damage to both vehicles.
Police say the elderly driver of the sedan sustained serious injuries and was transported to University of New Mexico Hospital in critical condition. The driver of the van showed signs of intoxication and following a DWI investigation, was booked on DWI-related charges. The investigation is ongoing.