ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The Albuquerque Heart Ball celebrates the work and mission of those dedicated to building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
The Heart Ball celebrates the on-going work of donors, volunteers and most importantly, the lives saved and improved because of everyone’s effort. The Heart Ball promises to be an engaging evening of fun and passion bringing the community and philanthropic leaders together. Last year, the Heart Ball campaign raised just over $71 million nation-wide allowing funds for research and prevention programs in our community and across the country. The money that is raised during this event will stay right here in New Mexico.
- 80 percent of Cardiovascular Disease is preventable.
- 100 percent of the money raised at Heart Ball stays in New Mexico for continued research and education.
- The #1 cause of death in NM is Heart Disease and Stroke
- Cardiovascular disease, listed as the underlying cause of death, accounts for nearly 801,000 deaths in the U.S. That’s about 1 of every 3 deaths in the U.S.
- About 2,200 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day, an average of 1 death every 40 seconds.
- Someone in the U.S. has a stroke about once every 40 seconds.
- Stroke accounts for 1 of every 20 deaths in the U.S.
- Stroke kills someone in the U.S. about every 4 minutes.
For more information on this event or the American Heart Association, visit their website.