NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – WalletHub recently released its study on 2023’s best states for racial equality in education. New Mexico ranked in the No. 1 spot with many factors in consideration.
To determine the ranking, WalletHub compared the 50 states based on six key indicators: the share of adults with at least a high school degree, the share of adults with at least a bachelor’s degree, the standardized test scores, the mean SAT score, the average ACT score, and the public high school graduation rate.
New Mexico’s Placements
- No. 1 – Share of adults with at least a high school degree
- No. 3 – Share of adults with at least a bachelor’s degree
- No. 4 – Standardized test scores
- No. 5 – Average ACT score
- No. 6 – Mean SAT score
- No. 12 – Public high school graduation rate
State Education Systems With the Most Racial Equality
- New Mexico
- West Virginia