Is it possible to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker? It turns out that it is not only possible but easy to do. Smith’s chef, Jeff Jackson, explains how to make ice cream from scratch using the following steps:
Steps to make ice cream at home
- Whip air into whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, salt, and vanilla extract
- Add in other flavorings if desired (ie. coco powder for chocolate flavor)
- Fold the mixture in with the whipped cream
- Fold in any desired ingredients (ie. marshmallows or cookie crumbles)
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan
- Cover with plastic
- Freeze for three to four hours
The Simple Truth line from Smith’s consists of high-quality organic products that are available at any Smith’s grocery store location. Simple Truth products are free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives and are available for an affordable price.
To find the ingredients to make ice cream at home visit smithsfoodanddrug.com.