The special features labor icon and civil rights activist Dolores Huerta, NFL football player Rigoberto Sanchez and many others. It also talks about a program in New Mexico that is working on highlighting the state’s unique culture.
National Hispanic Heritage Month starts September 15 and ends on October 15. During that time, many celebrate the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America.
Latest Hispanic Heritage News
- Mariachi group highlights importance of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Spanish, Baroque-Pueblo architectural influence seen throughout the Southwest
- Hispanic cultural center finding new ways to tell historical narratives
- Bernardo de Gálvez: Celebrating Hispanic Heritage in New Orleans
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Lorena Garcia is first Latina chef to open restaurant on Las Vegas Strip