KRQE Cares

Know a Child in Need?

If my child or someone I know is in need of shoes, can I get them through this program?

We partner with APS Title 1 schools to see where the greatest needs are in our community and are working our way through the APS schools that have 100% Title 1 students. Unfortunately, the Shoes for Kids program is not set up to serve individual families as we have no way of monitoring which families are truly in need.

We would suggest that if your child or someone you know is in need of shoes that you contact your school counselor.  They will have a list of organizations that can help you.

You can also call 211 for the United Way of Central New Mexico Helpline to find out more information on how to get the assistance needed.

KRQE Cares in Partnership with




News Briefs

Top Stories