Take a closer look inside the first all-purpose commercial spaceport built in New Mexico. After more than a decade, Virgin Galactic is aiming to become the first private company to take tourists to space July 11, 2021.
- Virgin Galactic ‘astronaut campus’ coming to New MexicoTRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, N.M. (KRQE) – Virgin Galactic is bringing more space-related development to southern New Mexico. Their latest move: making strides toward a “first of its kind astronaut campus.” The idea is to build facilities for Virgin Galactic space travelers, the so-called “Virgin Galactic Future Astronauts,” according to a news release. The company says the […]
- Spaceport America Cup kicks off with opening day ceremonyNEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The Spaceport America Cup is returning to New Mexico in-person. Tuesday the opening day ceremony will be held at the Las Cruces Convention Center. The cup includes the opening ceremony on June 21, three-and-a-half days of the cup and then closing a ceremony on June 25, also being held at the convention […]
- Virgin Galactic delays space flight programTRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, N.M. (KRQE) – Virgin Galactic has announced it is pushing back its commercial space flight program until the fall of next year. About 800 people have reserved a spot on the commercial space flight. The next launch was supposed to happen at the end of this year but Virgin Galactic says that date […]
- Spaceport America having a free open houseNEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Spaceport America is welcoming guests for an open house. The open house will be held on April 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is free to attend, but you must register in advance. There will be food vendors on site and visitors will be able to explore the facility and […]
- Virgin Galactic plans to open up ticket sales to general publicTRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, N.M. (KRQE) – If you’re interested in going into space, here’s your chance. Virgin Galactic announced they will open ticket sales to the public starting Wednesday. Tickets will start at $450,000. A deposit of $150,000 is required to hold a customer’s spot. The flight will take off from Spaceport America in southern New […]