ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The New Mexico Department of Health will be hosting a free walk-in flu shot clinic in northwest Albuquerque on Wednesday, January 29. The department is encouraging residents who are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications attend.
The clinic will take place from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Northwest Valley Public Health Office located at 7704 2nd Street NW and will come at no cost while supplies last. Individuals six months old and older are encouraged to get a flu vaccine every flu season.
Those who are at high risk of developing serious flu-related complications include the following:
- Children six-months-old through 4-years
- Pregnant women
- Individuals age 50 and older
- Those who have certain medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
- Individuals who live in nursing homes or other long term facilities
- Individuals who live with or care for those who are at high risk for flu complications
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- Individuals who are morbidly obese
- People who work in healthcare or early childhood personnel