NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Efforts to vaccinate refugees from Afghanistan at Holloman Air Force Base are complete. Video shows more than 3,900 Afghan refugees arriving at the base. Officials with Operation Allies say all are required to get vaccinated for COVID-19 as well as measles and other diseases.
- FBI investigating reports of Afghan evacuees assaulted service member at Fort Bliss
- Congresswoman Herrell to tour Holloman Air Force Base
- Donations for Afghan refugees reach capacity at Holloman AFB
- Afghan evacuees arrive at Holloman AFB
- Legal process for Afghan refugees is lengthy and complex, immigration attorney says
- Alamogordo residents welcoming of Afghan refugees, concerned with security
- U.S. to relocate Afghan refugees to Holloman AFB
Officials say refugees have gone through a multi-layer screening and vetting process through the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI. Refugees will eventually be resettled with about 300 of them are coming to New Mexico.