NATIONAL (KRQE) – According to HHS, Operation Warp Speed aims to produce and deliver 300 million doses of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines with the initial doses available by January 2021. HHS Secretary Alex Azar an Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller oversee Operation Warp Speed.
Dr. Moncef Slaoui is the chief advisor and General Gustave F. Perna is the chief operating officer. HHS states that to fund OWS, Congress has directed about $10 billion through supplemental funding including the CARES Act. Congress has also appropriated other flexible funding.
Latest Coronavirus News:
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- A year after Wuhan lockdown, a world still deep in crisis
- State offers an explanation on educator vaccine clinic cancellations
- More educators opt to teach virtually full-time