DURANGO, Colo. (KRQE) – Health officials in southwest Colorado are monitoring a COVID-19 outbreak at a Durango car dealership that has resulted in at least three deaths. San Juan Basin Public Health says 15 cases in all have been linked to Nissan of Durango.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
Two of those cases were of people who were vaccinated. The health agency says the first case was reported there on June 19. They’re seeing a high rate of COVID cases in both La Plata and Archuleta counties which have four active outbreaks and are urging people to get vaccinated. That area is also enacting new mask rules to curb the spread.