WHITE SANDS, N.M. (KRQE) – Some of the attractions at White Sands National Park could be getting more expensive. Right now, the park is taking public comment on a proposal to raise fees for enhanced visitor services.
If approved, the Full Moon and Lake Lucero hikes would go up by $4, backcountry camping would cost $10 and group permits would increase from $25 to $50. Changes would start on January 1. You have until September 21 to weigh in on the proposal.
The park says online comments may be submitted or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, written comments can be submitted by mail to Superintendent, White Sands National Park, PO Box 1086 Holloman AFB, NM 88330.
- State of emergency declared for Farmington shooting trauma
- Comanche Fire burns eight miles west of El Rito
- KRQE Newsfeed: APS proposal, Snapchat connection, Quiet weekend, Interstate construction, Autism centers
- What’s happening around New Mexico June 9 – June 15
- Meow Wolf exhibitions are now certified autism centers