ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Westside Emergency Housing Center is back open ahead of Monday’s expected cold front. Transportation schedules and pickup locations started on Sunday.
“Our team and partners at the Westside Emergency Housing Center have done a great job helping folks get the help and resources they need to continue to combat this virus,” said Mayor Tim Keller in a news release. “We’re grateful for their work to create a safe, warm place to go as we approach our first cold snap.”
It was just over two weeks ago that the shelter reported having 17 positive COVID cases. COVID-safe protocols are in place to help prevent a second outbreak, including social distancing, mask-wearing, screening, and handwashing.
Pick-up Locations and Times:
- Pick-up: Coronado Park* (301 McKnight Ave NW); Monday through Friday 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 5. p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m. & Sat. -Sun. 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m. & 7 p.m.
- Pick-up: God’s Warehouse (8011 Central Ave. NE) Every evening from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pick-up: Hope Works Day Shelter (1301 3rd ST NW) Sun. to Fri. 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pick-up: Steelbridge (2021 2nd St NW) Women, Families w/ Children, & Disabled Guests Only; Sat. to Fri, 4 p.m., 5. p.m. (if available), 7:30 p.m.
Drop-Off Locations and Times:
- Drop-off: Hope Works Day Shelter (1301 3rd St NW) Pick-up: Sun. – Fri. 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m.
- Drop-off: Coronado Park* (301 McKnight Ave NW); Sat. 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m.
- Drop-off: God’s Warehouse (8011 Central Ave. NE) Every morning at 8 a.m.
- Drop-off: Steelbridge (2021 2nd St NW) Women, Families w/ Children, & Disabled Guests Only; Mon. to Sun. 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day