“There had been some data on a very small number of patients that, in other countries indicated these different drugs might be effective,” said Dr. Richard Larson.
UNM Health Sciences put together two clinical trials of potential drugs to treat coronavirus patients who are hospitalized with the hope the drugs could potentially reduce the number of deaths. UNMH patients who have tested positive for the virus and have pneumonia symptoms may be offered treatment with Remdesivir.
Local patients who test positive but do not have pneumonia may be treated with a combination of hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve