SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – One state official says it could be a while before New Mexicans are able to gather in large numbers. According to the Santa Fe New Mexican, Tourism Secretary Jen Paul Schroer says it could be a year or even 18 months before large gatherings could be allowed.
Sports stadiums, concert halls, and conference centers across the state might stay empty for months. Schroer says it’s unlikely that gatherings of more than 100 may not be possible until either a vaccine or herd immunity is developed.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites