NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The current public health order is set to expire on Wednesday but the governor’s office has confirmed the mask mandate will be extended for at least another month. Masks will be required in all indoor settings for all New Mexicans over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status. The exception is when eating or drinking.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
On Tuesday, the New Mexico Department of Health reported 749 new COVID-related cases and 12 new deaths in the state. That brings the statewide totals to 242,399 total cases and 4,631 total deaths.