GALLUP, N.M. (KRQE) – Bernalillo County’s population is more than nine times that of McKinley County’s population, yet McKinley County has the most cases of COVID-19 in the state. That has State Senator George Munoz asking the governor to bring in the National Guard and state police to restrict travel in and out of the county.
Senator George Munoz says the health emergency order would have to come from the Department of Health. Calls were made to the governor’s office Wednesday night but KRQE News 13 did not hear back.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve