NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Some of New Mexico’s tribal casinos are reopening despite the governor urging them not to according to the Santa Fe New Mexican. Isleta Casino in Albuquerque, Ohkay Hotel Casino in Ohkay Owingeh, and Taos Mountain Casino in Taos all have reopened to the public.
The casinos are taking coronavirus-related precautions. The state cannot prohibit tribal casinos from reopening since they are controlled by sovereign nations.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve