ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Sandia Prep honored the class of 2020 with a drive-thru graduation.
Staff read the names of seniors who got ot cross the stage Saturday morning at Calvary Church near Osuna and Jefferson. Of course, that was followed by honks, cheers, and celebratory messages on vehicles and posters.
Teachers, graduates, and their immediate families participated to recognize the students while sympathizing that they’re not getting a traditional ceremony. “We can say all kinds of platitudes like, ‘This is making you stronger.’ The truth is, this is immediate to them. That doesn’t sway the pain that they’re feeling and we recognize that and we really wanted to give them something to celebrate,” said Bill Sinfield, Head of Sandia Preparatory School. They hope to have a full graduation ceremony in the Fall.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites