SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – The San Juan Regional Medical Center is furloughing some of its employees. The hospital limits its staff to emergency and urgent care services only to free up resources to treat COVID-19 patients.
They also have deferred elective procedures for the time being. Hospitals say they have created a revenue shortfall, which led to the decision to furlough workers. No word on when the full staff will return to work but furloughed employees will continue to receive their benefits. Hospital leadership has also agreed to take a pay cut.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve