ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Roadrunner Food Bank announced new times and locations for their contactless, drive-thru food distributions on Thursday.
The new food distributions will take place in areas that have been underserved as some partner sites had to close because of the lack of volunteers and safety concerns about the spread of coronavirus. Those from the community experiencing being laid off, reduced hours at their job, or reduced income are encouraged to attend.
Each distribution will serve a set number of households on a first come, first serve basis. Clients don’t have to ever leave their car as rows of cars will pull in to register, provide basic information, and will then proceed to an area where food boxes will be placed in their trunk or backseat.
Each household receives 50 to 60 pounds of food. In its first week, 900 households visited these contactless food distributions.
The following times and locations in Albuquerque will have distributions until further notice:
- Every Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., UNM South Parking lot, 1926 Avenida Cesar Chavez, anticipate serving 500 households.
- Every Monday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., Legacy Church Parking lot, 7201 Central Ave NW, anticipate serving 400 households.
- Every Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., ABQ BioPark Zoo Parking lot, 903 10th Street SW, anticipate serving 300 households.
Additional distribution will be added to communities around mid-April and will include Los Lunas. Roadrunner Food Bank-affiliated food distributions throughout the state can be found on their website.
Roadrunner asks that you contact each site before attending as additional restrictions may be in place due to COVID-19.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ on ‘Stay-at-Home’ order
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites