RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) – One local restaurant facing its own challenges is helping out their faithful customers. Hot Tamales New Mexican food has been in business in Rio Rancho for 16 years.
They’ve partnered with Sysco to offer free toilet paper and tissues and water to delivery or curbside customers as a thank for their support. This comes despite their sales being down 60%.
“I’ve got a really good clientele and they’ve been coming through for us by coming to us and still getting food while we were down and out,” said owner Stephen Gallegos. Gallegos says he’s also experienced generosity from his customers including one woman who left a $1,000 tip on a $20 bill for the staff to split.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve