NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Health officials keep saying the surge in COVID-19 cases and the delta variant is a crisis of the unvaccinated as there are new numbers to show that. The Kaiser Family Foundation has been tracking COVID cases among the vaccinated and unvaccinated. They put together a chart showing the percentages in each state.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 16 de Septiembre 2021
In New Mexico, 98.9% of cases in July and August were in the unvaccinated. In some states, that percentage is well above 99%. Some states like Alaska and Arkansas did see closer to 96%. Health officials argue this is evidence that vaccines are working.