NAVAJO NATION (KRQE) – More than 380 homes in the Navajo Nation now have electricity. The reservation used $13.8 million of its Federal CARES Act funding on new power lines and another $24.7 million to improve the capacity of its electric grid.
The Navajo Tribal Utility Authority hopes to bring power to some 510 families currently without. The Navajo Nation is also working to improve its water and telecommunications systems with its CARES Act money.
New Mexico News
- Second case of B117 COVID-19 variant identified in New Mexico
- Hispano Chamber of Valencia County hosts online raffle to raise scholarship funds
- Proposed bill would modify Oil and Gas Act
- Bill proposal would improve education resources, internet access to Indian Nations
- Taos poet releases book reflecting on 2020