ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque man was arrested again after being released from custody over coronavirus concerns.
According to a criminal complaint, 38-year-old Joseph Vasquez was arrested earlier this week on charges for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He then told police he was sick and coughing, so he was taken to a hospital to be tested for COVID-19.
When officers took Vasquez to MDC, jail staff refused to take him so he was released. Vasquez ended up testing NEgative so BCSO arrested him again Friday night. He was also booked into MDC.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve