ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Sometimes a little celebration goes a long way. Nothing was more true during a drive-by birthday parade for an Albuquerque woman.
Petrita Zamora turned 93-years-old on Saturday. Her family decided to throw together a very special surprise as 60 cars filled with loved-ones drove by and honked their horns all to say ‘Happy Birthday’ at San Jose Church.
“There’s been a lot of heartache and stress, so we thought this would be great. This would be a way for the family to still tell her happy birthday,” said Petrita’s daughter Rosemary Garley. Zamora is the mother of 11 children.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ: New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order due to COVID-19 (amended April 30)
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites