ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque teen battling cancer was given a parade in his honor Saturday.
Deniro Barrerro, 14, recently finished radiation for Ewing’s Sarcoma. His family wanted to surprise him with his very own drive-by celebration. Dozens of cars rolled by, some carrying storm troopers and signs supporting Deniro.
“It’s awesome, it’s awesome. It was a surprise for Deniro but we couldn’t hold it in, we wanted to make sure he was outside,” says Latisha Sheppard of Barrerro’s family. The parade certainly put a smile or two on Deniro’s face.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ on ‘Stay-at-Home’ order
- Essential Businesses
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites