ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Family and friends surprised an Albuquerque man with his own parade to celebrate his recovery from COVID-19. “You hear all the negative stuff, the deaths and everything. But man, he’s a survivor,” says Liz Silva who helped organize the parade.
Isaiah Jaramillo is a Special Olympics athlete. He recently tested positive for the coronavirus, putting him in the hospital for several days. After he recovered, loved ones organized the drive-by celebration at his home Saturday afternoon.
Isaiah says the gesture meant a lot to him. “All my family, all my friends are back. My heart is in because I love them,” Jaramillo said. Isaiah is a huge basketball fan and loves the Los Angeles Lakers.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ: New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order due to COVID-19 (amended April 30)
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites