ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Experts from the University of New Mexico Health, Presbyterian, and Lovelace Health System held a conversation to discuss topics including COVID-19 hospitalization rates, trends, and the latest evidence. on Monday, Dec. 14. UNM Hospital Chief Medical Officer Dr. Irene Agostini, Presbyterian Chief Patient Safety Officer and Medical Director of Infection Control Dr. Jeff Salvon-Harman, and Lovelace Chief Medical Officer Dr. Vesta Sandoval will be included in the discussion.
Last week, the New Mexico Department of Health issued a new health order that limits non-essential surgeries from December 11 through January 4, 2021. The order defines non-essential surgeries as procedures that may be delayed without undue risk to the patient’s health. The order doesn’t apply to emergency medical care.
Latest Coronavirus New Mexico News:
- ‘Lost in the shuffle’: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Los Alamos National Lab updates vaccine requirements for staff
- New Mexico seeing continued slowing, plateauing of new COVID-19 cases
- On the front lines: Healthcare workers facing violent encounters on the job
- Local businesses struggle to make things work amid plastic shortage