LAS VEGAS, N.M. (KRQE) – Although Los Alamos County is back in the red, one county moved to the yellow zone Wednesday. San Miguel County dropped to the state’s threshold of a 5% positivity rate.
The mayor of Las Vegas, Louie Trujillo, credits the community for the county’s success by following the public health order and wearing a mask. The next step he says is to get San Miguel County to the less restrictive green level.
“We’re starting a big public awareness campaign with radio ads and posters and so forth asking people to think twice before leaving their house, think twice before they go to a store,” said Trujillo. The mayor has also implemented a 10 p.m. curfew.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve