LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – Las Cruces Public Schools says they will host their high school graduations as drive-thru ceremonies.
District officials say graduates will pick up their diplomas while in cars with family members. Processions for the high school graduates are scheduled for May 21 and May 22 at the Field of Dreams sports stadium.
According to the district, speeches, the Pledge of Allegiannce and other program items will be pre-recorded and submitted to principals. The preliminary program will be streamed on the LCPS Facebook page as well as on the LCPS YouTube channel.
The district will allow graduates to dress in their cap and gown and to decorate their vehicle according to state guidelines. Only one car is allowed per graduate and only one graduate can ride in each vehicle.
Graduates are allowed to invite up to four family members to ride with them. Vehicles are asked to go to the staging area to be lined up in the Fild of Dreams’ East Parking Lot beginning one hour before the scheduled start time. Once the procession begins, vehicles will be directed to the West Parking Lot where the principal and will give the graduate a program and additonal keepsakes.
A photographer will be onside at the ceremony and individual student announcements will be streamed live on Facebook and YouTube.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites