SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico business is closing after an actor with coronavirus visited the store. The owner of The Candyman Strings and Things in Santa Fe says Idris Elba visited his shop last Tuesday.
The actor was in Santa Fe shooting a movie. Elba says he learned three days later on Friday that he had come in contact with another person with the virus and tested positive for the virus on Monday.
It’s unclear if he had the ability to spread the virus on Tuesday when he visited Santa Fe however the shop is not taking any chances. It is unknown if Elba is still in the state.
The health department won’t say if the Santa Fe case announced on Monday is him.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve