NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Gun groups are filing a lawsuit against the goernor after the closures of gun shops and ranges.
Those businesses had to close their doors after the governor deemed them as non-essential. Now, the NRA and others are suing the governor, the Department of Health, and Secretary Kathyleen Kunkel.
The lawsuit claims all three violated the second and 14th amendments for not considering firearm stores essential. The governor says she is not picking on gun stores and is only trying to protect people during this health crisis.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ on ‘Stay-at-Home’ order
- Essential Businesses
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites