ESPAÑOLA, N.M. (KRQE) – Police say the organizer of a low-rider event this weekend was caught breaking the public health order. In pictures sent to KRQE News 13, by an anonymous viewer, people at the event in Española on Saturday evening can be seen without masks and not social distancing.
State Police say they cited organizer Corey Ringo for violating the state’s mass gathering ban and he’ll have to appear in court. Ringo tells KRQE News 13 that State Police made the group disperse but did not want to comment further for now.
- New Mexico lawmaker responds to UNM’s graduation plan
- City of Albuquerque receives $100K Our Town Grant
- APD issuing few speeding citations following launch of anti-speed campaign
- Slain Texas deputy’s body returns to San Angelo as community mourns
- More than 1,500 bills await Gov. Abbott’s signature as Texas legislative session hits homestretch