ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Their season is postponed but members of the Duke City Gladiators, New Mexico’s professional indoor football team is still finding something to be happy about, during the COVID-19 outbreak.
On Wednesday morning, players wore protective gear and kept their distance from one another as they put together boxes of food at St. Pius High School. The boxes will be given out to elderly members of the community.
“With people unemployed right now, we just want to keep a smile on our community’s face and let them know that everything is going to be alright and we will get through this together,” said Dello Davis.
The team is working with the state’s Aging and Long-Term Services Department to get the donations out.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve