ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Defined Fitness says one of their members at the Bosque location, which is on the corner of Montano and Coors, tested positive for COVID-19. According to a news release the gym said they were notified Saturday about the individual and have been working closely with the New Mexico Department of Health to determine if anyone is at risk. They also say several of their employees have been directly contacted by the NMDOH. According to the release, the individual was only present at the Bosque location.
The news released says that Defined Fitness has been cleared by the New Mexico Department of Health to continue to operate. As a precautionary measure and following NMDOH’s recommendations, Defined Fitness employees at the Bosque location worked overnight to sanitize the entire facility. The Defined Fitness Bosque location will continue to remain open.
On Friday, the fitness center announced they have invested in an electrostatic cleaning system called EvaClean which is the newest technology for disinfection. The new technology will be used at all Defined Fitness locations.
- All New Mexico public schools closed for 3 weeks amid coronavirus concerns
- Cancellations, closures because of Coronavirus – New Mexico
- Governor Lujan Grisham declares public health emergency following confirmed cases of coronavirus
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico: 10 Presumptive Positive Cases
- Schools, Colleges, University open/closed because of Coronavirus – New Mexico