NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – CVS Health announces that the company will be opening nine COVID-19 test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations starting on Friday, May 29. This brings the total of CVS test sites to 1,000 across 30 states as well as Washington D.C.
The company’s sites will provide self-swab tests as CVS hopes to achieve its goal of processing up to 1.5 million tests per month. The self-swab tests are available to individuals who meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria and state and age guidelines.
Individuals who want a test must register in advance at CVS.com starting Friday, May 29 to schedule an appointment. People must stay in their cars and will be guided to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be given a test kit and instructions.
A CVS Pharmacy employee will watch the self-swab process to make sure it is utilized correctly and tests will then be sent to an independent, third-party lab to be processed. The test results will be available in about three days.
Testing will not be held inside any retail locations. CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB, and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers. The New Mexico testing sites will be at the following locations:
- CVS Pharmacy, 1510 Tramway Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, N.M. 87112
- CVS Pharmacy, 4201 Montano Blvd NW, Albuquerque, N.M. 87120
- CVS Pharmacy, 10700 Unser Blvd NW, Albuquerque, N.M. 87114
- CVS Pharmacy, 7847 Tramway Blvd, Albuquerque, N.M. 87122
- CVS Pharmacy, 4340 San Mateo Blvd NE, Albuquerque, N.M. 87110
- CVS Pharmacy, 801 North Canal St Carlsbad, N.M. 88220
- CVS Pharmacy, 940 N. Main Street, Las Cruces, N.M. 88001
- CVS Pharmacy, 2907 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, N.M. 87507
- CVS Pharmacy, 610 Silver Heights Blvd. Silver City, N.M. 88061
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve