ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Whenever visitors are able to return to the historic KiMo Theatre, they will be greeted with some improvements. While the theater has remained dark during the pandemic, the city has moved ahead with a project moving the box office and expanding the space where it once stood, into a new event area. The city says it will be used for things like VIP receptions, after-parties and other private events. The theater is also getting spruced up with new shutters, marquee lighting, audio technology and other upgrades.
Latest Local News
- Popejoy announces 2021-2022 season
- FACE the Hunger campaign strives to feed New Mexico’s hungry children, families
- Mayor Keller, Albuquerque officials to provide update on city’s path from Yellow to Turquoise Level
- Bernalillo County District Attorney Torrez provides update on unsolved homicide
- Authorities search for man accused of theft, stabbing loss prevention employee